Storm Skills Training is a high-quality, effective self-harm and suicide prevention training package that is backed by a wealth of research, experience, and expertise.
Research is a core part of our identity – it lies at the heart of everything we do, and it always will. Research into the effectiveness of our training methodology is where we started.
Consultation is a key part of our approach – we want to make sure what we deliver is relevant and meets the needs of our community. We listen carefully to those in research, practice, and lived experience from self-harm and suicide prevention and related fields.
Consultation has been the driving force behind the changes made to version 5. We formed a steering group in 2021 to help us to review Version 4 and guide us toward the new version of Storm Skills Training in Self-harm and Suicide Prevention – V5.
During this time we have engaged and listened to:
- Frontline team members: those working on the frontline supporting people in distress daily – engaging, assessing, formulating, and safety planning
- People with lived experience: both those who have survived suicidal thoughts and self-harm and those personally affected by suicide
- Customers: those who commission our training or who are considering our training as an option
- Researchers and academics: those who conduct and contribute to research in self-harm and suicide prevention and related fields
- Training consultants: those who deliver Storm Skills Training on our behalf to our customers
- Training facilitators: those who deliver Storm Skills training within their own organisations and communities.
By working with us, you are working with the knowledge and experience of a large and varied community.